Ruth is a self-shooting documentary filmmaker based in London. Her short documentaries focus on the lives of ordinary people who show extraordinary courage and strength in facing up to personal and political challenges using intimate yet respectful observational camerawork to frame the unfolding stories told in their own voices. Looking at life in contemporary Britain they explore universal themes and connections to our recent past. Her films, commissioned by the BBC, BFI, Film London and Creative England and have won awards at Aesthetica and Open City Docs and been long-listed for a BAFTA.
- Short Film: At Heart, Citizens of The Esplanade, 29min., Canada, Documentary
- Director Biography – Freya Billington (TERMINATED: TEETH & TINDER)
- Short Film: TERMINATED: TEETH & TINDER, 4min., UK, Documentary
- Director Biography – Harry Zernike (THURSDAY FIELDS)
- Short Film: THURSDAY FIELDS, 20min, USA, Documentary
- My Tweets